Adjunct Instructor, Honors College - Flourishing
Job Code/Title Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Instructor, Honors College - Flourishing Department Honors College Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Honors College seeks applications to fill a 1-credit undergraduate course, HONR 150 – Flourishing. This course is designed to teach Honors College freshmen to use evidence based principles and practices of positive psychology to enhance personal well-being.
A master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours of coursework in psychology, counseling, education, behavioral health, student affairs, student development, or a related field demonstrating specialized knowledge in the emotional, motivational and development needs of college students.
Prior teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
Job Open Date 06/07/2019 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
PLEASE NOTE :
For consideration, please upload a cover letter, resume/CV, and all unofficial transcripts (transcripts can be uploaded under “Other Documents”). Please also list three professional references and indicate your schedule availability. Please contact Dr. Jacqueline Smith-Mason at email@example.com with any questions.
A state application, background check, and official transcripts will be required prior to start date. Additionally, all course materials (syllabus, lecture slides, readings, assignments, and in-class exercises) will be provided.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/90257 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Education: Do you have a Master's degree?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond