Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F09230 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Clinical MD 100% MCVP Only FT Rank Assistant Professor Working Title Assistant Professor School/Unit School of Medicine Department Human & Molecular Genetics Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Human and Molecular Genetics provides multifaceted clinical and research activities focusing on current important areas of medical and basic research. Our 24 faculty members conduct research, clinical and educational activities at the VCU Medical Center, the Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics and the VCU Institute of Molecular Medicine.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
This position is an assistant/associate level position, non tenure track. The service, composed of two physicians and seven genetic counselors provide primarily consultative services in the areas of, pediatric, adult, and cancer genetics, preconception and prenatal.
Genetic evaluation and counseling of pediatric, adult and prenatal patients with diverse genetic disorders including inborn errors of metabolism, birth defects, cancer genetics, and high risk pregnancies. The evaluations may occur on the MCVP campus, MCVP satellite sites and other locations as required to provide clinical services.
Managing and participating in call with other department physicians.
Teaching genetic counseling, medical, other healthcare students and residents.
Participation in Department’s telemedicine initiatives.
• M.D. with American Board of Medical Genetics ( ABMG ) eligible/certification.
• Dynamic and innovative leadership skills in supervision of clinical service and teaching/training of graduate students.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
• Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Date Posted 09/01/2017 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 10/16/2017 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Applicants should send a brief letter of interest and a current curriculum vitae. VCU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/66154 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)