Adjunct Instructor, Honors College, Rolling Pool - Writing
Job Code/Title Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Instructor, Honors College, Rolling Pool - Writing Department Honors College Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Virginia Commonwealth University Honors College is recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty for August 15th, 2019 through May 15, 2020, for course sections within the Writing Program. This pool will be utilized on an as-needed basis. Your application will remain active until June 30, 2020; you may resubmit your application for subsequent years beginning July 1, 2020. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position duties include:
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
• Grade assignments in a timely manner based on instructions/rubric provided.
• Respond to student inquiries within 48 business hours.
• Submit final grades according to College/Department policy.
Master’s degree in English or a related field with experience in the teaching of writing.
Demonstrated experience teaching university level writing. Experience in the teaching of research writing as well as expository writing preferred.
Job Open Date 06/07/2019 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
PLEASE NOTE :
For consideration, please upload a cover letter, resume/CV, and all unofficial transcripts (transcripts can be uploaded under “Other Documents”). Please also list three professional references and indicate your schedule availability. Please contact Dr. Jacqueline Smith-Mason at email@example.com with any questions.
A state application, background check, and official transcripts will be required prior to start date. Additionally, all course materials (syllabus, lecture slides, readings, assignments, and in-class exercises) will be provided.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/90260 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Education: Do you have a Master's degree?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond