Director of Non-Invasive Cardiology
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F38290 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Associate Professor Working Title Director of Non-Invasive Cardiology School/Unit School of Medicine Department Internal Medicine Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
To practice the highest quality, safe and cost effective cardiovascular care in a comprehensive, innovative environment which is individualized and sensitive to a diverse population; science: to enhance scientific knowledge and care through creative and pioneering investigation; education: to provide comprehensive education and training to students and all professionals with enthursiasm and respect.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
To lead an established group of non-invasive cardiologists building a preeminent program for academic discovery and excellent clinical care. Non-Invasive Cardiology Services to include inpatient coverage, outpatient/clinic coverage and cardiac imaging.
1. Teaching: Time and effort shall be devoted to teaching and teaching related activities. This shall include medical students, graduate students, allied health students, residents, and fellows, nursing personnel and colleagues where appropriate. Teaching responsibilities also shall be considered to include preparation of instructional materials, evaluative materials, testing and maintenance of personal professional skills through continuing education, advising and mentoring trainees and participation in academic reinforcement programs.
2. Research: To develop clinical and/or basic research program in non-invasive cardiology. To mentor junior faculty in developing a clinical research program along with funding and publication success.
3. Service: Participation in activities to support the effectiveness of the Division of Cardiology and the Department of Internal Medicine will be appropriate and will be assigned in the future based on mutual agreement. Service will include participation on committees as requested.
4. Clinical: Responsible for the growth and quality of Non-Invasive Cardiology. Responsible for timely interpretation of all non-invasive testing and studies, other than ECGs, Holter and Transtelephonic recording. To support growth of Cardiovascular Disease Clinical Management.
Candidates should be a bc/be cardiologist with a successful career in basic or clinical research in cardiac imaging. The individual should have experience in leading a successful research effort. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work with a large multidisciplinary group in developing a successful research program. Candidate should be clinically oriented as well. Applicants must be eligible for medical licensure in state of Virginia. • Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Date Posted 09/23/2014 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2015 Type of Search Application Process/Additional Information
Interested applicants should apply online at https://www.vcujobs.com.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/39736 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Higher education publication
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a BC/BE Cardiologist with a successful career in
Basic or Clinical Research in Cardiac Imaging?
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3