Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F36260 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Associate Professor Working Title Physician Scientist School/Unit School of Medicine Department Internal Medicine Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Non-Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
PURSUE THE RESEARCH, CLINICAL, AND EDUCATION MISSIONS OF THE ACADEMIC MEDICAL CENTER IN THE AREAS OF ENDOCRINOLOGY, METABOLISM, AND DIABETES . THROUGH BENCH RESEARCH, TRANSLATIONAL STUDIES, CLINICAL TRIALS AND THE RIGOROUS STUDY OF PREVENTION AND CONTROL, OUR SCIENTISTS PURSUE THE MANY ROLES OF MEDICINE IN TREATING, PREVENTING AND CONTROLLING THE ADVERSE EFFECTS OF ENDOCRINE AND METABOLIC DISORDERS . OUR HALLMARK ACTIVITY IS TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH, WHERE OUR PHYSICIANS AND SCIENTISTS WORK TO BRING LABORATORY DISCOVERIES TO THE PATIENT BEDSIDE AS QUICKLY AND SAFELY AS POSSIBLE . SIMILARLY, THE CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS ARE THOROUGHLY CHARACTERIZED AND MECHANISTICALLY ANALYZED IN THE LABORATORY SETTING . THROUGH OUR TRAINING PROGRAMS, OUR FACULTY TRAIN THE NEXT GENERATION OF SCIENTISTS AND PHYSICIANS TO FURTHER ADVANCE SCIENCE AND PRACTICE .
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
This position will have a key role in advancing the research mission with a focus on translational endocrine, diabetes and metabolic research and will work collaboratively all members of the School of Medicine to enhance research achievements.
1. Teaching: Trains medical students, residents and fellows while in the clinic. Expected to actively participate in providing research opportunities to fellows. Mentors junior faculty. 2. Research: Writes and submits grant applications during the course of the academic year. Writes and publishes multiple manuscripts during the course of an academic year. Serves as a PI or Co-investigator on peer-reviewed grants and is responsible for complying with all institution and sponsors terms and conditions for grant funding. Ensures resources are utilized optimally for advancing the research program. Participates in multidisciplinary grant applications and promotes collaborative research within the Division and across the Academic community. 3. Service: Serves on institutional committees, study sections, review groups, as a journal editor, or editorial boards. 4. Clinical: Attends on the inpatient wards and consult service, and/or sees patients in the outpatient clinic.
Board certified or eligible in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism. Eligible for Virginia licensure. Seasoned specialist who possesses national and/or international recognition in the clinical and research disciplines of endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism. Appropriate level of administrative and solid research program experience commensurate with a senior faculty position. Clear evidence of accomplishment in teaching, clinical and other professional activities and related administrative experience commensurate with appointment to a senior level faculty position. A solid record of scientific achievement in the field evidenced by both publications and extramural peer-reviewed research funding. A research program that will advance the research agenda of the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism. Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Date Posted 06/03/2014 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 01/01/2015 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Applicant should submit a CV and three letters of reference to https://www.vcujobs.com. For more information, please contact Katherine Mulloy, Associate Administrator, Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/37714 Diversity Statement Information Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Higher education publication
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you board certified or eligible in Endocrinology,
Diabetes, and Metabolism?
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3