Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions
posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if
employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human
Resources System. For additional information, go to
Is this employee on a H1B Visa?
Teaching and Research Faculty
School of Medicine
Number of Months
Grant funded position?
Mission or Goal of Unit
The mission of the Department of Radiology is to reaffirm and
elevate the status in the medical center and nation by providing
high quality, specialized radiological services and by building
upon the existing research structure.
The vision is to create a department that is recognized as top tier
nationally and internationally.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or
To provide specialized diagnostic radiology – pediatric imaging
interpretation, including CT, US, GI/GU, fluoroscopy, MR and
interventional procedures, with the use of state-of-the-art
equipment. This full-time pediatric radiology position will train
residents within the large, highly productive academic radiology
1. Teaching – Provide training to medical students, residents and
fellows who rotate through the Department of Radiology.
2. Research – Continue to promote professional relationships with
all pediatric subspecialties to foster interdisciplinary
3. Service – See below.
4.Clinical – Provide high quality sub-specialized imaging
interpretations for assigned modalities in support of the referring
physicians and patients of the VCUHS . Responsibilities include all
facets of pediatric radiology (conventional radiographs, CT, MR,
US, fluoroscopy and CT and US interventions). Special interest or
skills in acute care imaging and oncology.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
faculty member at VCU .
• Applicants should have ABR certification or documentation of
passing the Core Component of the ABR Board examination and be
fellowship trained in pediatric radiology.
Open Until Filled
Application Deadline Date
Proposed Hire Date
Type of Search
Application Process/Additional Information
Interested applicants should apply online at
Diversity Statement Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- Alumni association magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community event
- Email notification
- HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- Higher education publication
- Internal Recruiter
- Job fair
- Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- Professional association/journal
- Referred by person/employee
- Search firm notification
- VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3