Tutor II - PT Flex
Posting Number S01238 Position Title Tutor II - PT Flex Internal Position Title Department Tutoring Center, GLC Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
The College of Lake County is looking for qualified Tutors for the Tutor II position. The Tutor II will provide tutorial support to CLC students in one or more of the following multiple areas – Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Accounting, and Computer Applications and Programming.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of college experience.
- Expertise in one of the following disciplines-Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Accounting, or Computer Applications and Programming.
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively with students of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
-Experience tutoring or teaching.
Posting Date 11/09/2020 Closing Date 01/31/2021 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
-The applicant pool will remain open for six months and individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur. This can occur at any point throughout the six months.
-When the position closes and is re-posted, applicants will need to re-apply to be considered.
-An interview with the math center coordinator and math center faculty coordinators will determine if you are qualified and what areas you will tutor.
-This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
-Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Pay Rate $15.26/Hour Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Extension Sites Total Hours per week 4-12 Work Schedule
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
-Communicate with the Math Center Coordinators on the progress and potential problems of tutees.
-Lead study groups as needed.
-Demonstrate software and calculator skills as needed.
-Attend training meetings.
-Complete required paperwork and participate in tutor evaluation procedures.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have 2 years of college experience?
- * Do you have expertise in one of the following
disciplines-Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Accounting,
or Computer Applications and Programming?
- * Do you have the ability to communicate and interact
effectively with students of diverse backgrounds and abilities?
- * Do you have experience tutoring or teaching?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake