Adjunct Faculty - Special Education Instructors - Supervisors of Field Experiences
The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. The College of Education was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country. The College of Education is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The Department of Interdisciplinary and Inclusive Education operates within The College of Education, which offers undergraduate programs in early childhood education, elementary education, and Teacher of students with Disabilities (TOSD), teaching and learning, and, Master of Arts in both special education and learning disabilities, a Master of Science in Teaching, and a Master of Education in Teacher Leadership. The College of Education also houses and supports the Early Childhood Demonstration Center, which serves preschool-age children and provides field and clinical experiences for early childhood candidates.
The College of Education is searching for qualified and experienced special education specialists to supervise field experiences. The successful candidate will demonstrate familiarity with the accreditation standards of national associations in special education, such as the Council for Exceptional Children. This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal. The position requires availability during the regular school day.
- Master's degree in special education or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely associated with special education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for special education
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private successful teaching (pre-K-12th grade)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and service in education in the area of special education
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with pre-K-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices in special education
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with supervision
- Experience with teaching in higher education settings
Starting Date: Open, Continuous
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system:
All applications should include:
- a letter of application with a statement of teaching interests, experience with supervising/ mentoring other teachers
- curriculum vita
- graduate transcripts
- three letters of recommendation (at least one of which speaks to teaching ability)
University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon need for clinical supervisors in a given semester and budge appropriations.
For more information, contact: Nicole M. Edwards, Ph.D. ( edwardsN@rowan.edu )
Advertised: Jan 30 2020 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Other Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro