Journey Elevator Mechanic - (STA003287)
Under general supervision, performs repairs and maintenance on elevators, escalators, dumb waiters and lifts in university owned buildings.
- Inspects and perfoms scheduled preventative maintenance in elevators, escalators, lifts, and related components.
- Responds to call-back/trouble calls in a timely manner, and restores equipment to a safe operating condition.
- Operates tools and equipment common to the elevator trade, such as voltammeter, amp probe, meggars, tachometer, rotation meter, soldering irons, solid state logic probes, lap top troubleshooting computer and numerous power and hand tools.
- Provides supervisor with repair, inspection test and preventative maintenance reports.
- Assists supervisor in the ordering of supplies and replacement of parts as needed.
- Maintains equipment machine rooms, pits and car tops in safe and working condition; may do cleaning and painting duties.
- May be assigned to serve on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms, hurricanes, etc.,
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
THIS JOB REQUIRES A VALID TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE.
High school and 1 year experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
Note: THIS JOB REQUIRES A VALID TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE
- Elevator Mechanic certification or license a plus.
- 3 years or more of Elevator Mechanic experience a plus.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
Note: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston