Postdoctoral Associate positions in Computational Psychiatry
Fralin Biomedical Research Institute @ VTC
Multiple openings are available immediately in the labs of Dr. Pearl Chiu and Dr. Brooks King-Casas at the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute (http://research.vtc.vt.edu/). Projects in the labs use fMRI to examine the neuroscience of motivated behavior and social influences on decision-making with methods adapted from behavioral & computational neuroscience, experimental economics, computational psychiatry, and psychology; ongoing projects focus on processes in healthy and psychiatric individuals. Qualified candidates with basic science backgrounds are welcome, and training in applied science will be provided; a subset of projects also involve multidimensional biomarker development. For interested candidates, the labs provide plentiful opportunities to examine how neurobehavioral anomalies may be quantified and rehabilitated in depression, substance dependence, post-traumatic stress, personality disorders, and atrisk adolescents.
Fralin Biomedical Research Institute @ VTC provides full access to outstanding infrastructure, including three research dedicated Siemens 3T scanners and a high throughput computing cluster. The successful candidate will play a lead role in highly collaborative multidisciplinary scientific efforts.
1) PhD in computational or cognitive neuroscience, engineering, psychology, experimental economics, or a related field;
2) Facility with computational neuroscience, signal processing, Bayesian inference, or machine learning; and
3) Demonstrated potential for excellence.
• Good writing skills; particularly with respect to report writing and editing.
• Creative, independent, and highly motivated, with good communication skills.
• Strong work habits and the ability to work independently as well as in a fast-paced research environment with a team.
Commensurate with experience
May 7, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Advertised: April 22, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Economics Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke