Adjunct Instructor - HVAC
Provide heating, ventilation, and air conditioning instruction to
train the next generation of residential and commercial trade
- High School Diploma or GED . Equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential
duties of the job.
- Five (5) years’ experience in residential, commercial and/or
construction field as Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanic and
Installer ( HVAC ).
- Minimum of HVAC license, certificate or degree.
- EPA certification
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of skilled technical work installing,
repairing, servicing, and performing maintenance.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, principles involved in
production of precision technical plans, blueprints and
- Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their
interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid,
materials, and atmospheric dynamics, mechanical, electrical
structures and processes.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their
- Knowledge of installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs
to meet specifications.
- Knowledge of performing system checks, tune-ups, and inspections
of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and operation monitoring to ensure
that a machine is working properly.
- Knowledge and understanding of energy efficiency.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and housekeeping for a safe
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing
and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Posting Detail Information
Candidates that are eligible apply
Special Instructions to Applicant
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of
disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the
recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation
of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and
regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- * Do you have at least 5 years' experience in residential
and/or construction field as a Heating and Air Conditioning
Mechanic and Installer (HVAC).
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter