Adjunct Instructor - HVAC
Position Title Adjunct Instructor - HVAC FLSA Exempt Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Provide heating, ventilation, and air conditioning instruction to train the next generation of residential and commercial trade worker.
Position Type Adjunct Employment Status Part Time Position Funding Regular Minimum Education/Training/Experience
- High School Diploma or GED . Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Five (5) years’ experience in residential, commercial and/or construction field as Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanic and Installer ( HVAC ).
- Minimum of HVAC license, certificate or degree.
- EPA certification
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of skilled technical work installing, repairing, servicing, and performing maintenance.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints and drawings.
- Knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, materials, and atmospheric dynamics, mechanical, electrical structures and processes.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications.
- Knowledge of installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Knowledge of performing system checks, tune-ups, and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and operation monitoring to ensure that a machine is working properly.
- Knowledge and understanding of energy efficiency.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and housekeeping for a safe training environment.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Posting Number F46P Candidates that are eligible apply Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicant Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 02/01/2018 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/1248 EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- * Do you have at least 5 years' experience in residential
and/or construction field as a Heating and Air Conditioning
Mechanic and Installer (HVAC).
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Other Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Texas City