Associate Professor ( tenured) or Professor ( tenured) in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language
The Faculty of Political Science and Economics at Waseda
University invites applications for the tenured position of
Associate or full Professor in teaching Spanish as a foreign
language. Located in central Tokyo, we are part of a leading
research university in Japan.
1.Department and institution: Faculty of Political Science and Economics (FPSE), Waseda University
2.Area open for application: Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language
3.Courses to teach:
Introductory, intermediate, and advanced Spanish; Spanish CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning); seminars; any other related course
4.Qualifications and requirements:
1) Applicants hold or will have completed (by the time of appointment) a doctoral degree.
2) Applicants have taught Spanish as a foreign language at a higher education institution.
3) Applicants should be able to plan and implement FPSE’s Spanish language curriculum and Spanish CLIL. They should also be capable of organizing and running Spanish CLIL in collaboration with FPSE members whose areas of specialization lie in political science and/or economics.
4) Applicants should be able to teach courses and mentor students with Spanish as the medium of instruction.
5) Applicants should be able to communicate in Japanese.
6) It is desirable that applicants are competent in teaching courses with English as the medium of instruction.
7) Applicants will demonstrate a keen interest in the social sciences as academic disciplines. They should be willing to participate actively in FPSE-led research.
5.Appointment: 1 position
6.Title: Associate Professor (tenured) or Professor (tenured)
The rank will be determined by the successful candidate’s experience in Spanish language teaching, his or her academic and research accomplishments, and the Committee’s evaluation of the candidate’s performance throughout the screening process. The successful candidate will be notified of the title, and the salary, by the Dean at the final stage of the screening.
7.Salary and working conditions:
・Salary and allowances:
Salary and allowances will be paid in accordance with the regulations of the University.
・Working days and hours:
Scheduled working days and working hours (when you start/finish; rest periods) are based on the university regulations. The discretionary labor system for professional work will be applied to research work. The nature of academic research being taken into account, working hours and the ways in which to proceed shall be at the discretion of each faculty member.
Holidays are Saturdays, Sundays, New Year's holidays, legally recognized public holidays, and compensatory holidays appointed by the University for classes held on some public holidays and on the anniversary of the University’s founding. Holidays fixed in advance by the University as working days will be excluded from compensation. When, under exceptional circumstances, teaching and other duties in FPSE are scheduled for holidays, Faculty employees are entitled to compensatory holidays.
Leave is determined by the Labor Standards Act and other related laws. In addition, some days are designated by the University as leave days.
Employees shall join schemes for employee pension, health insurance, labor insurance, and employment insurance.
Individual research allowance: 210,000 yen per annum
Academic conference travel subsidy: 90,000 yen per annum
Academic conference travel subsidy (overseas): 110,000 yen per annum
Various competitive research grants/funds available at the University
April 1 or September 1, 2020 (alternatively, an agreed-upon later date)
9.Application deadline: 1:00 p.m. (JST) on Tuesday, September 10, 2019
For full information of the position and the application
procedures, please see the link below.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Japan
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Japan
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Japan
- Other Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Japan