Adjunct Faculty - Department of Educational Services and Leadership
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
The College of Education has over 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students and was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country. The department of Educational Services and Leadership is one of four departments within the College of Education. The department of Educational Services and Leadership houses graduate programs in educational leadership (CPED member), school psychology (NASP approved), counseling in educational settings (CACREP approved), higher education, and school administration and a post-baccalaureate program in school nursing. The College of Education is fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The department of Educational Services and Leadership is currently searching for qualified, experienced adjunct instructors to teach in the following graduate programs: Educational Leadership, School Psychology, Higher Education, School Administration and School Nursing. These are part-time, adjunct positions with the possibility of renewal on a term by term basis. These positions require in-person availability during the evening.
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely related to Higher Education, Student Affairs, or Adult Education
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the graduate level
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive andragogy and social justice in education
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, scholarly inquiry and student learning
- A teaching/learning philosophy aligned with the mission of the College of Education
General Information: Rowan University’s College of Education is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and especially encourages applications from women and individuals from underrepresented groups in higher education.
Starting Date: Open, Continuous
All applications should include:
- a letter of application with a statement of teaching interest that matches one or more areas of instruction or program courses listed above
- curriculum vitae
- graduate transcripts
- names and contact information of three references (at least one of which addresses teaching ability)
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
Advertised: Jan 16 2020 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Counsellor Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Education Administration & Leadership Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro