Adjunct Faculty Positions in Supervision - Early Childhood Education Instructors
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- May 22, 2018
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Education Administration & Leadership, Other Education, Special Education, Teacher Education
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
The Department of Interdisciplinary and Inclusive Education operates within The College of Education, which offers undergraduate programs in early childhood education, elementary education, and Teacher of students with Disabilities (TOSD), teaching and learning, and, Master of Arts in both special education and learning disabilities, a Master of Science in Teaching, and a Master of Education in Teacher Leadership. The College of Education also houses and supports the Early Childhood Demonstration Center, which serves preschool-age children and provides field and clinical experiences for early childhood candidates.
The College of Education is searching for qualified and experienced early childhood education specialists to supervise field experiences. The successful candidate will demonstrate familiarity with the accreditation standards of national associations in early childhood education, such as the National Association for the Education of Young Children. This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal. The position requires availability during the regular school day.
- Master's degree in early childhood education or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely associated with early childhood education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for early childhood education
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private successful teaching at the early childhood level (PK-3)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and service in education in the area of elementary education
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with PK-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices in early childhood education
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with supervision
- Experience with teaching in higher education settings
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
Submit letter of application with a statement of teaching interests, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation (at least one of which speaks to teaching ability).
Advertised: May 22 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert