Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University
(Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students.
Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast
of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford.
The University comprises seven academic colleges and five
schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M.
Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and
Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences,
Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical
School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of
Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences;
the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and
Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines.
Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer
M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home
to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation
of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan
has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research
universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in
The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University
has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community
engagement, and innovation in scholarship. It was recently
recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in
the country and is fully accredited by the National Council for
Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) now the Council for the
Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the
New Jersey Department of Education.
The College of Education and the Department of Science, Technology,
Engineering, Art, Mathematics, and Movement Education (STEAM) is
searching for qualified and experienced Educational Technology
Educators who demonstrate familiarity with emerging technologies
and the standards of the International Society for Technology in
Education. This is a part-time, adjunct position with the
possibility of renewal on a term-by-term basis.
- Master's or doctoral degree in Educational Technology or
closely related field from an accredited institution of higher
education in a field directly or closely associated with STEM
education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for education
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private successful teaching
at the secondary level (K-12)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and service in education in
the area of Educational Technology
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement,
social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to
collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity,
scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and
respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with K-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements,
research, and best practices in Educational Technology
- Demonstrated ability in using emerging instructional
technologies and learning management systems or online platforms
such as Canvas, Edmodo, etc.
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of
the College of Education
- Experience with supervision of teachers
- Experience with the Danielson Framework
- Experience with performance assessment measures including
- Experience teaching in postsecondary settings
Applications will be reviewed as
Questions regarding this position can be directed
to Yu-Chun Kuo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must be submitted through our online applicant
All applications should include: a letter of application, which
includes a description of research, teaching philosophy and
interests, curriculum vita, graduate transcripts.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal
opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Nov 9 2018 Eastern Standard Time