Adjuncts - Educational Technology
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 9, 2018
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. It was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country and is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) now the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The College of Education and the Department of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics, and Movement Education (STEAM) is searching for qualified and experienced Educational Technology Educators who demonstrate familiarity with emerging technologies and the standards of the International Society for Technology in Education. This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal on a term-by-term basis.
- Master's or doctoral degree in Educational Technology or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely associated with STEM education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for education
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private successful teaching at the secondary level (K-12)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and service in education in the area of Educational Technology
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with K-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices in Educational Technology
- Demonstrated ability in using emerging instructional technologies and learning management systems or online platforms such as Canvas, Edmodo, etc.
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with supervision of teachers
- Experience with the Danielson Framework
- Experience with performance assessment measures including TK20
- Experience teaching in postsecondary settings
Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed to Yu-Chun Kuo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system:
All applications should include: a letter of application, which includes a description of research, teaching philosophy and interests, curriculum vita, graduate transcripts.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Advertised: Nov 9 2018 Eastern Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert