Adjunct Faculty - Elementary Education - Supervisors of Field Experience
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 7, 2020
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Education Administration & Leadership, Other Education, Special Education, Teacher Education
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Elementary Education Instructor
College of Education
Department of Interdisciplinary & Inclusive Education
Part-Time, Adjunct Position in Supervision
Rowan University has approximately 15,000 students at the bachelors, master’s and doctoral levels in colleges and schools across four campuses, which includes the Camden campus located in the University District. The University is one of only 56 institutions in the country with accredited programs in business, education, engineering and medicine. U.S. News & World Report ranks Rowan University 19th of Northern Regional Universities and third among the public institutions in the category. The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. The College of Education was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country. The College of Education is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The Department of Interdisciplinary and Inclusive Education operates within The College of Education, which offers undergraduate programs in early childhood education, elementary education, and Teacher of students with Disabilities (TOSD), teaching and learning, and, Master of Arts in both special education and learning disabilities, a Master of Science in Teaching, and a Master of Education in Teacher Leadership. The College of Education also houses and supports the Early Childhood Demonstration Center, which serves preschool-age children and provides field and clinical experiences for early childhood candidates.
The College of Education is searching for qualified and experienced elementary education specialists to supervise field experiences. The successful candidate will demonstrate familiarity with the accreditation standards of national associations in elementary education, such as the Association of Childhood Education International. This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal. The position requires availability during the regular school day.
- Master's degree in elementary education or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely associated with elementary education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for elementary education
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private successful teaching at the elementary level (K-6)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and service in education in the area of elementary education
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with K-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices in elementary education
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with supervision
- Experience with teaching in higher education settings
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
Candidates should submit:
- letter of application with a statement of teaching interests
- curriculum vitae
- graduate transcripts
- three letters of recommendation(at least one that speaks to teaching ability)
All positions are contingent upon budge appropriations.
Advertised: Jan 7 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert