Adjunct Faculty - Elementary Education
Elementary Education Instructor
College of Education
Department of Interdisciplinary & Inclusive Education
Part-Time, Adjunct Position in Teaching
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. The College of Education was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country. The College of Education is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The Department of Interdisciplinary and Inclusive Education operates within The College of Education, which offers undergraduate programs in early childhood education, elementary education, and Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD), teaching and learning, and, Master of Arts in both special education and learning disabilities, a Master of Science in Teaching, and a Master of Education in Teacher Leadership. The College of Education also houses and supports the Early Childhood Demonstration Center, which serves preschool-age children and provides field and clinical experiences for early childhood candidates.
The College of Education is searching for qualified and experienced elementary education specialists to teach a broad range of elementary education courses. Adjunct instructors are needed to teach: instruction and assessment courses, interdisciplinary methods courses in mathematics, science, social studies, and literacy. The successful candidate will demonstrate familiarity with accreditation standards of national associations in elementary education, such as the Association of Childhood Education International. This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal. It may require evening and/or Saturday classes, in addition to daytime availability and the possibility of online teaching. Candidates should indicate the area of instruction in which they feel best qualified to teach and their availability (day, evening, weekend, online).
- Master's degree in elementary education or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely associated with elementary education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for elementary education
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private successful teaching at the elementary level (K-6)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and service in education in the area of elementary education
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with K-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices in elementary education
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with teaching in higher education settings
Starting Date: Open, Continuous
The application must be submitted through our online application system.
Candidates should submit:
- letter of application with a statement of teaching interests
- curriculum vitae
- graduate transcripts
- three letters of recommendation(at least one that speaks to teaching ability)
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Advertised: Jan 14 2020 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Education Administration & Leadership Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro