Lecturer- Higher Education - (ADJ000184)
The Higher Education Program within the Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies (DELPS) offers two programs: (a) M.Ed. in Higher Education and (b) Ph.D. in Higher Education Leadership and Policy Studies. The M.Ed. program courses is offered in two program delivery formats, one format is delivered on-campus for both full- and part-time students; the other format is delivered 100% online for part-time learners. The Ph.D. program curriculum is delivered on-campus for full- and part-time students.
M.Ed. courses include, but are not limited to: American Higher Education, Organization and Administration, Student Development Theory, Assessment and Evaluation, Educational Policy and Planning, Cultural Foundations of Higher Education, Critical Issues in Higher Education, Leadership for Change, Research for Educational Leaders, and Student Support Services.
Ph.D. courses include, but are not limited to: Research Methods, Introductory and Intermediate Statistics, Student Development, Higher Education Law, Finance in Higher Education, Administration of Higher Education in Multicultural Settings, Seminar in Adult Education, and Policy, Politics, and Governance.
Applications for adjunct teaching positions are accepted and reviewed on a continuous basis. Both the Department Chair and Program Directors examine applicants.
Adjunct faculty are expected to:
• Employ a variety of pedagogical strategies focused on engaging adult learners;
• Maintain course-specific records;
• Evaluate student work in a timely manner,
• Provide students with quality feedback as to their advancement toward meeting student learning objectives;
• Prepare to successfully facilitate face-to-face and/or online instruction; and,
• Deliver the pre-developed course content required for either the Masters or Doctoral degree.
In addition to your CV, please attach a cover letter describing your (a) qualifications, (b) interest in the position, (c) teaching experience, and (d) teaching philosophy. Only applications with all required documents will be considered.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for an adjunct position in the Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies (DELPS), the following requirements must be met:
1. Hold a current Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university;
2. Demonstrate a history of successful administrative or faculty experience in the discipline;
3. Demonstrate competence in assigned course content area(s);
4. Possess excellent interpersonal skills and a clear understanding of adult learning theory (engaging adult students);
5. Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and institutional partners; and,
6. Possess exceptional verbal, written, electronic, and digital communication skills.
Notes to Applicant: Only applications with all required documents will be considered. Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of final candidate. All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston