The Department of Music at Oakland City University is searching for applicants who are eager to serve as adjunct instructors teaching music courses on main campus (located in Oakland City, IN) in the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters. The position is housed within the School of Arts and Sciences, a team of faculty across diverse fields committed to providing an excellent learning environment, supporting student development, and impacting the world through the success of its graduates.
We especially encourage qualified individuals with experience teaching music history courses and with a background in brass and stringed instruments to apply. In addition, we welcome applications from candidates who will honor our university’s commitment to recruiting a highly qualified and diverse faculty invested in the mission of preparing students of diverse backgrounds for positive leadership and service in a global society.
A master’s degree in Music or a master’s degree in a closely related field with 18 graduate hours in Music, and evidence of potential for effective teaching required. A Doctorate in Music (D.M.), professional and/or private teaching experience in vocal or instrumental areas, and evidence of potential for effective teaching preferred.
- Teach face-to-face music courses in alignment with approved course syllabi.
- Assist students in learning subject matter knowledge and skills that can lead them grow intellectually, emotionally, professionally and spiritually.
- Direct, assess, and evaluate student learning and assist in evaluating specific programs where courses are taught.
- Participate in faculty/instructor professional development and other initiatives when available.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, peers, and community leaders.
- Select supplementary texts, materials, and equipment necessary for effective delivery of course content.
To apply, download an employment application at http://www.oak.edu/about/careers-at-ocu and submit it along with a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three references electronically to email@example.com. Applications and supporting materials can also be submitted by mail to Oakland City University C/O Human Resources 138 N. Lucretia Street Oakland City, IN 47660. Applications must be sent in to be considered for a position. Review of applications will begin immediately and will be held in confidence.