The Clinical Associate is a full time ambulatory pediatrician with a commitment to medical education at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Children’s Medical Practice. Our goal is to deliver patient and family-centered primary care that shapes the standard of excellence in pediatric clinical care delivery in a community hospital based outpatient clinic. Our patient population is very diverse and many patients’ parents have Limited English Proficiency. We are part of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Clinical Associates participate in a variety of teaching and quality improvement activities.
1. Responsibilities include providing primary care as well as diagnosis, treatment and management of acute illnesses in pediatric patients who present to clinic with a focus on continuity of care and creating longitudinal relationships with patients and their families.
2. Responsibilities also include teaching and precepting residents during continuity clinic and medical students during their pediatric outpatient rotation.
3. Further responsibilities will include participation in departmental meetings/conferences as scheduled and contribution towards the departmental goals and objectives.
4. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, billing for services, written documentation and dictation, coordinating specialty care and speaking with consultants for patients, addressing patient issues over the phone, filling prescriptions and patient paperwork.
5. Compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements and maintenance of certification.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Three Years Pediatric Residency
- MD Degree, Board Certified or Board Eligible Pediatrician.
- Spanish language proficiency required as demonstrated by the passing the CCLA Spanish Proficiency test administered by ALTA.
To apply for this position, click on the blue Apply Now button or access this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/58712
This posting is open until filled.
The Johns Hopkins University is committed to equal opportunity for its faculty, staff, and students. To that end, the university does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic. The university is committed to providing qualified individuals access to all academic and employment programs, benefits and activities on the basis of demonstrated ability, performance and merit without regard to personal factors that are irrelevant to the program involved.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information