Assistant Professor - General Medicine
Division: Medicine (80001010)
Department: Medicine - General Medicine (90002376)
Employment Duration: Full-time
Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
Baylor ( www.bcm.edu ) is recognized as one of the nation’s premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, and healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world's largest medical center ( Texas Medical Center ), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates ( Baylor Affiliates ).
The positions are located in the Texas Medical Center, and include providing outpatient care only. Weekend and evening call are divided equally among all physicians, and includes phone-based call only (no hospital visits). Positions are clinical with future teaching, research, and leadership opportunities possible. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Provide excellent patient care at Baylor Clinic General Internal Medicine
• Productivity needs to meet or exceed standards as set by the Section and/or Department.
• Keep up with continuing medical education as per college and section requirements.
• Renewing and meeting all required licenses and certification requirements.
• Familiarize with EPIC- electronic medical records and document all patient encounters as needed.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner so that billing and other administrative tasks can happen smoothly to ensure a robust operational system.
• Maintaining credentialing at all times to ensure practice is not disrupted.
• Education Requirement: MD; BC/BE in Internal Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.