Commercial Truck Driving Instructor - Class A, Part Time
COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVING INSTRUCTORS - CLASS A, PART TIME
Olive-Harvey College is currently seeking part time instructors for the Commercial Driver Class A training program. The Commercial Driver training program trains students for entry level employment as commercial motor vehicle operators. In partnership with the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), this program prepares students to obtain a Commercial Driver's License in the State of Illinois.
Please Note : City Colleges of Chicago offers PAID training for successful obtainment of the State of Illinois Instructor Certification.
- Conducts theoretical and initial and technical training classes for commercial vehicles, providing theory, simulation and practical applications for classes in Class A, Class B, and Class C Commercial motor Vehicles.
- Uses established training materials to present formal class training exercises and lab work to students.
- Provides training in policy, procedures in compliance with all local, state and federal rules, regulations and laws.
- Uses established training materials to present training exercises and practice in preparing students to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Provides hands-on training in advanced applications, training and testing preparations in Vehicle Inspection, Skills/ Maneuvers, Range and Road Driving Skills required to meet and or exceed requirements needed to successfully pass the Illinois Secretary of State Commercial Driver's Test.
- Must hold a valid Class A Illinois Commercial Driver's License and have a good driving record.
- State of Illinois Licensed Instructor Certification required.
- Please Note : City Colleges of Chicago offers PAID training for successful obtainment of the State of Illinois Instructor Certification.
- A minimum of 3 years of Class A CDL driving experience.
- Preferred Endorsements: Hazardous Materials, Tanker, Passenger, Double and Triple Trailer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, an Associate's Degree preferred.
- Able to comply with Department of Transportation Medical Requirements and Illinois Secretary of State CDL Instructor Requirements.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends preferred.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago