Student Teaching Supervisor - Continuous Recruitment
About State University of New York at Fredonia:
Fredonia, State University of New York is a comprehensive, selective, public, residential, liberal arts university located in beautiful Western New York, just minutes from Lake Erie. Founded in 1826, the university is among the most storied in the State University of New York system. It is home to a world-renowned School of Music and over 100 degree programs in the liberal arts, natural and social sciences, education, mathematics, and business. Fredonia also features cutting-edge programs in the emerging fields of technology, service, and communication and is consistently ranked among the top public, master's granting universities in the North by U.S. News and World Report.
Fredonia is known for its strong academic programs, attractive architecture and grounds, rich campus life, and commitment to student engagement and success. Fredonia is focused on ensuring that all Fredonia students, utilizing knowledge developed through a broad range of intellectual experiences, will be:
- Skilled (develop Intellectual and Applied Skills, Literacies and Knowledge),
- Connected (engage Community and Diversity: Local Stewardship, Global Citizenship),
- Creative (demonstrate Scholarship, Artistry, and Innovation), and
- Responsible (activate Sustainability, Ethics, Leadership, and Professionalism).
Read a message from Fredonia's President.
Fredonia invites applications for a Student Teaching Supervisor beginning August 2014 - present.
Reporting to the Director of Field Experiences in the College of Education, the successful candidate will:
- Supervise student teachers placed in schools.
- Meet with student teachers at their assigned schools.
- Collaborate with the student teacher's cooperating teacher.
- Observe and assess each student teacher as they facilitate and present instruction lessons to the P-12 pupils in the school.
- Issue the final grade.
- Attend collaborative meetings with the Director of Field Experiences.
- Participate in committees and provide service to the department, college, university, and profession.
- Be aware of, understand, and follow all university policies.
- 3 years of teaching experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively, and in a collegial and professional manner, with students, faculty, and staff;
- The ability to multi-task, meet goals and deadlines;
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and department mission;
- Demonstrated commitment to the university, division, and profession.
Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on applicants.
An Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Fredonia provides for, and promotes, equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment, without discrimination.
Pursuant to University policy, the University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
The University's policy is in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment. These laws include the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as Amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972, and the New York State Human Rights Law. These laws prohibit discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Fredonia is accepting applications as a continuous recruitment effort for part-time, temporary, Student Teaching Supervisors. If/when vacancies occur, applications will be reviewed. Interested candidates shall apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
- Cover Letter
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload the additional, required documents.
Please see the FAQ for using the online application system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.