Adjunct Faculty Position in Art Education, Department of Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 14, 2020
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Education Administration & Leadership, Other Education, Special Education, Teacher Education
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford.
The College of Education as the oldest college at Rowan University has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. It was recently recognized as having one of the best online graduate programs in the country and is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) now the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
The College of Education and the Department of STEAM Education is searching for qualified and experienced adjuncts in the areas of art education, science education, mathematics education, health and physical education, and music education . The position requires availability during the regular school day.
The appointment consists of, but is not limited to teaching a broad range of courses that include online, face-to-face or hybrid courses and supervision of teacher candidates. The successful candidate will demonstrate a constructivist based theoretical framework centered on a philosophy that is a grounded in social justice.
- Master's or doctoral degree in Art Education or related Visual Arts from an accredited institution of higher education in a field at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for teachers, Art K-12
- A minimum of 3 years of successful Visual Arts teaching in P-12 settings
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal
- responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration,
responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with P-12 schools
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with the Danielson Framework
- Experience with performance assessment measures including edTPA
- Experience teaching in postsecondary settings
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
All applications should include: a letter of application, which includes a description of research, teaching philosophy and interests, curriculum vita, graduate transcripts.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations
Advertised: Jan 14 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert