Adjunct Faculty, College of Business
Posting Number F00089P Quick Link for Position https://jobs.uafs.edu/postings/1481 Working Title Adjunct Faculty, College of Business Position Number 20-13-P001 Department Adjunct – College of Business About the University
For nearly 7,000 students each semester, UAFS offers a dynamic learning environment, a rich campus life, a vibrant international population, opportunities to travel and study abroad, and a host of prestigious degree programs. Small class sizes combined with innovative, applied learning opportunities have led to a record of high job and graduate school placement rates after graduation, an indication of the student-centered education that has defined UAFS since its founding in 1928. An $80 million endowment fund propels the University and its students into a promising future. In the fall of 2015, UAFS completed a role and scope change and began offering master’s degrees. UAFS is one of 18 academic institutions and affiliates governed by the University of Arkansas System.
Located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border and situated in a region of lakes, Fort Smith is the second-largest city in Arkansas and features a vast array of cultural activities, shopping, dining, and entertainment, including a thriving downtown entertainment district. Parks, trails, and water recreation are all within the city limits, and true outdoor enthusiasts will find the area’s lakes, streams, and mountains offer adventure only minutes away from campus. Fort Smith was recently named by Forbes as the number one city in America for cost of living, and a top city in the nation for highest-paying tech jobs. The city is within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Little Rock, and Memphis.
UAFS’ beautiful 170-acre campus features 20 major buildings and the Donald W. Reynolds Campus Plaza, Tower, and Campus Green. The University opened a 58,000 square-foot visual arts facility in the fall of 2015. A student-supported recreation and wellness center, featuring a rock-climbing wall, basketball, and volleyball courts, and state-of-the-art equipment, opened in the fall of 2016. Such projects initiated the 15-year transformation of the campus in accordance with the University’s updated master plan. These two buildings complement the University’s top-notch amenities across campus, including a newly renovated library that boasts expansive areas for student use and vast collections of literature and academic resources.
About the College / Department Position Summary
Teach in one of the following subject areas as assigned: Accounting (Financial or Cost), Auditing, Banking, Business Law, Data Analytics, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resources, Insurance, Management, Marketing, Personal Finance, Real Estate, Sales, and/or Tax. The position reports to the associate dean who assigns responsibilities regarding student needs and course outcomes. This is a pool position. Applicants will be contacted as positions become available.
Summary of Job Duties
• Teach assigned course as specified in the course schedule and course letter of assignment.
• Evaluate and select texts and instructional materials; prepare course materials and lesson plans.
• Provide students with approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies, assignments, and evaluation criteria.
• Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
• Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, and discussion; provide feedback in a timely manner regarding student progress.
• Be available for student consultation through office hours or scheduled appointments.
• Maintain records of enrollment, attendance, assessments, and grades; submit rosters and grades by University deadlines.
• Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations, and use feedback to improve course delivery.
• Revise and update course content as needed.
• Attend orientation sessions to become familiar with the University’s mission, teaching philosophy, policies and procedures, and the learning management system.
• Meet with supervisor to discuss all aspects of the course including student progress and curriculum development.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork and by providing leadership to subordinates. Requires consistent on-time attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of instructors teaching both lower and upper level courses leading to an associate or bachelor’s degree requires a master’s degree in the discipline or related field with a minimum of 18 graduate credits in the subject area. Instructors in occupational and technical areas such as practical nursing, automotive/welding, and office administration are generally required to have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and related work experience. Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for part of these requirements.
License(s)/Certifications Preferred Qualifications
Prior teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies are required for the essential functions of this position:
• Current knowledge of the relevant discipline.
• Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries.
• Ability to respond to needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles.
• Ability to use technology effectively in teaching.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues.
Special Job Dimensions
Work performed primarily in an office/classroom setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. Required abilities include walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods. Visual demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 10 pounds.
Work Schedule Salary $800 per credit hour Benefits Background Check / Pre-Employment Screening
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Does this position require a background check? Criminal Background Check, Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) Check, and Drug Screening. Position requires employee complete Arkansas Mandated Reporter training prior to employment.
Open Date Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a pool position. Applicants will be contacted as positions become available.
Anticipated start date EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, dedicated to attracting and supporting diverse student, faculty, and staff populations. The University welcomes applications without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
UA Fort Smith provides equal employment, admission, and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or gender identify. The University abides by all applicable employment laws.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, the University is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees with regard to recruitment, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, training, fringe benefits and all other aspects of employment.
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Veteran Status
- Additional Document
- Unofficial College Transcripts - Additional 1
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please list the subject(s) you are interested in teaching:
Auditing, Banking, Business Law, Cost Accounting, Data Analytics,
Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Financial Accounting, Human
Resources, Insurance, Management, Marketing, Personal Finance, Real
Estate, Sales, and Tax.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please list your availability to teach: Day, Evening, and/or
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you understand that failure to complete the Employment
History section of the application will result in automatic
- * Did you complete the Employment History section of the
- * Do you understand that failure to upload your unofficial
transcript(s) may result in an incomplete application packet?
- * Did you upload your unofficial transcript(s)?
- * Have you ever been fired or asked to resign from a job?
- If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Arts Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Art History Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Accounting & Finance Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith