Nutrition Faculty, Part-time
The Biological Sciences Department at LBCC offers a wide range of
courses including majors and non-majors biology, human anatomy and
physiology, nutrition, and wildlife conservation. The biological
sciences instructor must develop, plan, and present organized
lectures, laboratory activities, and out of class assignments in
accordance with approved course outlines.
Master’s degree in Nutrition or a closely related field with a
minimum of 27 graduate quarter hours or 18 semester hours in
Prefer teaching experience in a community college or university
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Requires the ability to work with staff and students.
Work is performed in an office or classroom setting with minimal
exposure to safety or health hazards.
Applicants must possess a combination of academic preparation and
professional experience that demonstrates the ability to:
1. Impart excitement and enthusiasm in a student centered learning
2. Develop course schedules and syllabi.
3. Plan, develop, and deliver classroom lectures and activities as
well as write tests and develop other methods to evaluate student
progress toward achievement of course outcomes.
4. Develop or adapt assignments and laboratory exercises which
students will find engaging and relevant.
5. Assure that lab equipment is properly used and verify that all
equipment is present at the end of each laboratory section.
6. Work effectively with students and staff of various cultural and
socioeconomic backgrounds and ages and successfully interact with
supervisors, colleagues, and staff as part of an education
7. Communicate effectively in oral and written English.
8. Keep accurate grade and attendance records.
9. Establish and maintain opportunities for reasonable out-of-class
consultation with students, including office hours.
Please complete the online application and upload or attach the
following required documents:
2) Academic Transcript
Transcripts from a non-U.S. college or university must be
accompanied by an international credential agency evaluation.
Please see “Academic Transcript Information” on Employment
Opportunities home page for more information and a list of agencies
which perform this service.
Applications are reviewed for minimum qualifications. In order to
be considered, your application must clearly show you meet the
minimum qualifications for this position.
U.S. Veterans will need to attach proof of honorable discharge
(Form DD-214) to their application to qualify for veteran’s
Proposed Start Date:
Full-time or Part-time
Number of hours/week:
Open Until Filled:
Special Notes to Applicants:
As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to be
compensated via direct deposit.
LBCC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position? Please select one.
- Mid-Valley Sunday Newspaper
- Lebanon Express Newspaper
- Latinos in Higher Education
- HERC-Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- State Employment Department
- LBCC Employment Opportunities Website
- Eugene Register Guard Newspaper
- Other Online Website (specify below)
- Other (specify below)
- If you selected other above, please specify the website or
other resource from which you learned of the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Academic Transcript
- Academic Transcript 2
- Academic Transcript 3
- U. S. Veteran Proof of Honorable Discharge DD-214, Copy 4