The Mexican American Catholic College and the University of the Incarnate Word
San Antonio Texas
MACC and UIW seek an Academic Dean of the Mexican American Catholic College, with a concurrent appointment as faculty at appropriate rank at the University of the Incarnate Word.
As the Chief Academic Officer of MACC, the Dean is responsible for overall planning, implementation, and supervision of the degree programs, language studies, and continuing education workshops and courses. The Dean works closely with the Vice President for Ministry Formation, who oversees the Deacon Formation Program (DFP), and the Director of Continuing Education. Collaboratively, they coordinate program scheduling, faculty assignments, classroom space, recruitment efforts, and the acceptance and registration of students.
The Academic Dean is jointly responsible for the collaborative programs with UIW, and in this role will be responsible for working with UIW’s Director of the Pastoral Institute to jointly manage the program, oversee faculty, and advise students. In order to facilitate this work, the Dean will be jointly appointed by UIW at an faculty rank appropriate to his/her experience. This appointment will be made without tenure for as long as the person remains at MACC.
Candidates must hold an earned doctorate from an accredited institution (preferably in theology, ministry, or philosophy), possess an excellent record of teaching, and substantive administrative experience. The ideal candidate will also have good bilingual (Spanish/English) communication skills, experience in ministerial formation, and a working knowledge of accreditation standards and processes. The candidate must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education administration
- Track record in Hispanic Ministry, or in other multicultural ministry settings
- Exemplifies and upholds MACC’s core values of academic freedom, faithfulness to the teaching authority of the Church, collaboration, integrity and honesty, intellectual curiosity, and respect.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate partnerships with diverse groups of faculty, students and staff on complex issues that may divide opinion and cause conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to create consensus and unify diverse stakeholders around a common vision and key strategic goals
- Hands on experience in the accreditation process of higher education programs in the United States
Please submit 1) a letter of application, 2) a statement on your vision for Catholic Higher Education, 3) a CV, and 4) contact information for three professional references.
Complete applications should be sent to Clemencia Barrera at email@example.com.