Math for Law Enforcement Faculty, Part-Time
Posting Number: 0600840-NC Position Type: Faculty Pools Position Title: Math for Law Enforcement Faculty, Part-Time Division/Department: Criminal Justice Location Job Summary:
This pool has been established to accept applications for possible openings for part-time instructors that may arise throughout the year. Part-time instructors would teach CJ 105 (Math for Law Enforcement). The course provides an overview of the quantitative skills and reasoning most commonly used by those working in the criminal justice field. The instructor will teach students to read and interpret graphs, use basic statistics, and use basic mathematical operations in a variety of applications relevant to the work of law enforcement professionals.
A Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or a closely related field plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience, OR an Associate degree in Mathematics plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience teaching in a high school, community college, or university setting; OR 7 years’ successful experience teaching Mathematics in a high school, community college, or university setting.
A Master’s degree or 27 graduate quarter hours in Mathematics or a closely related field and experience teaching in a high school, community college or university setting is preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Requires the ability to work with staff and students.
Work is performed in an office or classroom setting with minimal exposure to safety or health hazards.
Applicants must possess a combination of academic preparation and professional experience that demonstrates the following abilities:
1. Teaches a variety of levels of mathematics courses. Course assignments may include day, evening or weekend classes on main campus or at the Extended Learning Centers.
2. Develops course schedules and syllabi.
3. Promotes excellence, enthusiasm, and excitement in the teaching of mathematics.
4. Identifies and meets the mathematical learning needs of students.
5. Develops and administers instruments for assessing student progress and competence such as exams, quizzes, and written exercises.
6. Works effectively with students and staff of various cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds, and ages. Successfully interacts with supervisors, colleagues, and staff as part of an education team.
7. Communicates effectively in oral and written English.
8. Keeps accurate grade and attendance records.
Please complete the online application and attach the following required documents:
2) Academic Transcript
Transcripts from a non-U.S. college or university must be accompanied by an international credential agency evaluation. Please see “Academic Transcript Information” on Employment Opportunities home page for more information and a list of agencies which perform this service.
Applications are reviewed for minimum qualifications. In order to be considered, your application must clearly show you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
U.S. Veterans will need to attach proof of honorable discharge (Form DD-214) to their application to qualify for veteran’s consideration.
Proposed Start Date: Full-time or Part-time Part-time Number of hours/week: Varies Posting Date: 03/01/2018 Closing Date: Open Until Filled: No Special Notes to Applicants:
As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to be compensated via direct deposit.
LBCC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
Salary Grade Not Applicable Salary/Rate Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position? Please select one.
- Mid-Valley Sunday Newspaper
- Lebanon Express Newspaper
- Latinos in Higher Education
- HERC-Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- State Employment Department
- LBCC Employment Opportunities Website
- Eugene Register Guard Newspaper
- Other Online Website (specify below)
- Other (specify below)
- If you selected other above, please specify the website or
other resource from which you learned of the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Academic Transcript
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcript 2
- Academic Transcript 3
- Academic Transcript 4
- Academic Transcript 5
- U. S. Veteran Proof of Honorable Discharge DD-214, Copy 4
- CV-Curriculum Vitae