Music Instructor Part-Time
MUSIC INSTRUCTOR PART TIME
Consider joining Daley College Continuing Education Department as a Part-Time Music Instructor for children and adults. Daley College's Continuing Education Department has an exciting opportunity for an engaging, energetic and patient instructor to teach musical performance. The Music Instructor will develop and implement an appropriate and engaging curriculum by taking into consideration the unique abilities and interests of each participant. We are specifically seeking instructors who can teach piano, guitar, voice or violin to children and/or adults.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop music curriculum and weekly lesson plans that engage students in music reading and instrument playing.
• Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles, ensuring that all participants are fully engaged.
• Inspire, motivate and foster confidence in all students.
• Introduce students to the culture and traditions of the instrument being taught.
• Discuss and demonstrate the relevance of playing a musical instrument.
• Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, board rules and policies and procedures.
•Bachelor's degree or higher in education or related field. Degree in the musical performance, education or similar.
•One year teaching and/or training experience in appropriate discipline preferred.
•Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of students and staff.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!