Psychologist-Sharpe - 196
West Virginia University Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute and the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry in the WVU School of Medicine seek a Director of Psychology qualified for appointment at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor rank. The successful candidate will be expected to practice at Sharpe Hospital in Weston, WV.
Qualifications: Applicants must have completed an APA/CPA accredited clinical psychology graduate program, with an APA/CPA accredited internship. Applicants must be eligible to sit for ABPP in clinical psychology. Immediate eligibility for licensure in West Virginia is required. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor ranks, a demonstrated track-record of leadership, excellent communication skills, and publications in high-impact journals are required. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
William R. Sharpe, Jr. Hospital is a 150-bed, fully-accredited state psychiatric hospital and winner of an APA State/University collaboration award. The hospital provides treatment of involuntarily committed adults with a variety of diagnoses and has a dynamic forensic psychiatry program. While the facility is operated by the State Department of Health and Human Resources, our professional staff (psychiatrists, psychologists, and clinical social workers) is employed as full-time faculty members of the WVU School of Medicine, hired through the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry. Sharpe Hospital is an active training site for WVU Psychiatry residents, forensic fellows, and students of medicine and other disciplines. Clinical experience is enhanced by dedicated time for research and teaching. There is no call duty.
The West Virginia University Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute , led by Dr. Ali Rezai, is expanding to include the clinical, research, and academic missions of Neurosurgery , Neurology , and Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry , among others. The Institute will spearhead efforts to develop innovative solutions for West Virginians and those across the world with neurological and psychiatric conditions ranging from Alzheimer’s to Parkinson’s; autism to stroke; and paralysis to chronic pain, addictions, and traumatic brain injury.
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. WVU Medicine includes the physicians, specialists, and sub-specialists of the West Virginia University School of Medicine; four community hospitals; three critical access hospitals; and a children’s hospital, all anchored by a 690-bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care. WVU Medicine has more than 1,000 active medical staff members and 15,000 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
WVU faculty positions include regionally competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Sharpe Hospital is located just an hour south of Morgantown, WV, which Forbes recently ranked as one of the Best Small Metros in America. North Central West Virginia offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities. There are several metropolitan areas within easy driving distance as well as local access to scenic lakes, skiing, golf, and private schools.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, visit http://wvumedicine.org/rni/ and apply online at http://wvumedicine.org/morgantowncareers .
For additional questions, please contact Pam Furbee, Senior Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com .
WVU & UHA are AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Pediatrics Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel