Psychology Faculty, Part-time
Posting Number: 0600657-NC Position Type: Faculty Pools Position Title: Psychology Faculty, Part-time Division/Department: Social Science Location Job Summary:
This pool has been established to accept applications for possible openings for part-time instructors that may arise throughout the year.
Teach core psychology classes.
Masters degree in Psychology, or 27 graduate quarter hours in Psychology. Teaching experience. The ability to communicate effectively as a teacher and to operate as an effective member of a team.
Must be able to work respectfully with individuals of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities.
Prefer teaching experience in a community college.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard. Requires sufficient visual acuity to recognize alphanumeric characters. Requires good hearing and well-developed speaking ability to communicate with staff and students.
Work is performed in a classroom setting with minimal exposure to safety or health hazards.
Teach General Psychology ( PSY 201, 202, 203) and/or Psychology and Human Relations ( PSY 101).
Act as a team member of the Social Science Department.
Communicate the objectives of each course taught, grade according to those objectives, and report student progress toward those goals.
Work effectively with students and staff of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and ages and successfully interact with supervisors, colleagues, and staff as part of an education team.
Establish and maintain opportunities for reasonable out-of-class contact with students.
Prepare course descriptions, outlines, and other material related to courses taught.
Establish and maintain a class roll, and teach in conformance with approved course outlines.
Participate in Student Appraisal of Classroom Learning.
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents when applying: Resume and Academic Transcript showing qualifying degree.
Transcripts from a non-U.S. college or university must be accompanied by an international credential agency evaluation. Please see “Academic Transcript Information” on Employment Opportunities home page for more information and a list of agencies which perform this service.
Applications are reviewed for minimum qualifications. In order to be considered, your application must clearly show you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
U.S. Veterans will need to attach proof of honorable discharge (Form DD-214) to their application to qualify for veteran’s consideration.
Proposed Start Date: Full-time or Part-time Part-time Number of hours/week: varies Posting Date: 07/01/2020 Closing Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Notes to Applicants:
As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to be compensated via direct deposit.
LBCC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
Salary Grade Not Applicable Salary/Rate Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position? Please select one.
- Mid-Valley Sunday Newspaper
- Lebanon Express Newspaper
- Oregonian Newspaper
- Latinos in Higher Education
- HERC-Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- Chronicle of Higher Education Online
- State Employment Department
- LBCC Employment Opportunities Website
- Eugene Register Guard Newspaper
- Other Online Website (specify below)
- Other (specify below)
- * If you selected other above, please specify the website or
other resource from which you learned of the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's Degree in the subject matter/area to
be taught OR a Master's Degree in another field with at least 27
quarter hours/18 semester hours of graduate credit in academic
courses in the field of primary teaching?
- Academic Transcript
- Cover Letter
- Sample Teaching Materials
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Academic Transcript 2
- U. S. Veteran Proof of Honorable Discharge DD-214, Copy 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Albany
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Albany
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Albany
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Albany
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Albany