Tutorial Center Adjunct Coordinator
Job Posting Title Tutorial Center Adjunct Coordinator Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Posting Number F00116P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office complex. The District office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’ student populations.
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: Coordination of instructional programs; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The responsibilities included, but not limited to:
● Coordinate, direct and administer tutorial services, including recruiting, training and evaluating tutors in the LRC (Learning Resources Center) department.
● Manages intervention curriculum/strategies with the usage of multiple instructional methodologies, such as computer mediated instruction for basic skills and for students with skill deficiencies.
● Manages open computer laboratories and tutoring services.
● Manages the attendance and accounting for LRC (Learning Resources Center) Department.
● Planning, organizing and supervising the activities of the LRC department.
● Providing leadership in cooperation with faculty for the acquisition, development and implementation of alternative instructional methodologies to help students achieve academic success.
● Facilitating the delivery of learning skills/tutorial instruction.
● Designs, manages and provides computer assisted instruction and alternative methods of basic skills instruction including online, multimedia, small group, independent study and individualized and/self-paced instruction.
● Provides assessment of individual students’ learning skills deficiencies, refers students to appropriate services or prescribes appropriate skill development activities; provides individual assistance to students with reading, writing, computational and study skills deficiencies; and conducts ongoing assessment of student progress.
● Coordinators with faculty to develop and manage student success initiates which meet tutorial/learning needs of students through alternative methods of instruction including: technology, tutorial services and instructional services for students requiring just-in-time academic support or intervention.
● Reviews, evaluates and helps select or recommend materials to be used in providing learning skills and tutorial services for students requiring skill-specific academic support intervention.
● Works with faculty utilizing new/innovative instructional methods and other methodologies to use or create intervention strategies and curriculum for the LRC department.
● Assists and collaborates with Faculty in seeking funds to pilot and evaluate new/innovative interventions and services that could be evaluated and used in the LRC department.
Work Year N/A Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution in any discipline in which learning assistance or tutoring is provided at the college; OR, a master’s degree in education, educational psychology, or instructional psychology, or other master’s degree with emphasis in adult learning theory; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District adjunct faculty posting are requested to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work ** (graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts). NOTE : Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
**Note: Applications submitted without transcripts will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary Please see LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
Posting Date Closing Date Open Continuously Yes Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Part-time Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries to be emailed to email@example.com.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/2827 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and
agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I
certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and
complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize
investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881
(if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all
persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand
that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on
this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or
attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If
you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor
traffic violation you are required to complete the form 'Arrests
Which Led to Convictions for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose
convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section
1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for
the form -
https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and
attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Dentistry Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Library & Information Sciences Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento