Automotive Mechanics Technology Adjunct Assistant Professor
Job Posting Title Automotive Mechanics Technology Adjunct Assistant Professor Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Posting Number F00051P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office complex. The District office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associate’s degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Los Rios Community College District’s Human Resources Department is committed to diversity, equity, and to ensuring an inclusive, thriving environment for all of its employees, students, and surrounding communities. To that end, the Human Resources Department is intentional in recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse employees, to reflect the diversity of our colleges’ student populations.
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts.
Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
Teaching assignments may include day, evening, on-line, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
Typical instructional assignment will be to provide automotive training to students and technicians.
About the American River College Program:
This degree prepares the student for entry level employment as a smog and driveability service technician. The program also prepares the student for Automotive Service Excellence ( ASE ) certification in Engine Repair A1, Automatic Transmissions/Transaxles A2, Electrical A6, Engine Performance A8, Advanced Engine Performance L1 along with the California Enhanced Area (EA) Smog Check License.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
● Identify and implement safety procedures involved in the diagnosis, service and repair of all major automobile and light truck systems.
● Describe the function, operation and characteristics of all major components in the following automotive systems: engines, transmissions, brakes, suspension, electrical, air conditioning, emission control and computerized engine controls.
● Identify and follow manufacture standards for proper automobile diagnosis and repair.
● Operate hand and power tools necessary for automobile and light truck repair.
● Operate diagnostic equipment and interpret test results.
● Demonstrate the skills and knowledge to analyze, diagnose, and repair automotive engines, automatic and manual transmissions, suspension systems, braking systems, electrical systems, fuel delivery systems, ignition systems, emissions control systems and computerized engine controls.
The courses to complete this program include:
AT 100 Technical Basics for the Automotive Professional
AT 105 Mathematics for Automotive Technology
AT 180 Automotive Data Acquisition
AT 110 Automotive Brakes
AT 311 Suspension and Steering Systems
AT 312 Electrical Systems
AT 130 Manual Drive Trains and Axles
AT 313 Automatic Transmission and Transaxles
AT 314 Automotive Engine Repair
AT 310 Heating and Air-Conditioning Systems
AT 322 Engine Performance & Electronic Engine Controls
AT 315 Advanced Electrical: Engine/Chassis/Hybrid
AT 323 Clean Air Car Course
Teaching assignment may include day, evening, and weekend classes, on and off campus.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The faculty member will work with the Central Valley New Car Dealers Association and other interested automotive agencies in ascertaining training and recruiting priorities. In addition, assignment will include: Networking with high school counselors and attending high school career days/career fairs to promote automotive programs and employment opportunities.
Other responsibilities may include maintaining contacts with area ROPs and AYES campuses, as well as program coordination and articulation with the automotive departments at the Los Rios Community College District and with automotive programs at area high schools.
The successful candidate may be responsible for coordination activities; for recruiting students for the program, assisting students in obtaining placement at shops, tracking students’ progress through visits to shops and discussions with the shop foreman.
Work Year N/A Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience; OR, any associate degree and six years of professional experience; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.* All degrees must be from an accredited institution.
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement.
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District Faculty
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating completed or conferred date) (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position). * (“graduate advising documents and grade reports” will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts) (Required). NOTE : Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
6. Certification and/or Licenses ( NOTE : list requirement with positions with additional accreditation MQ)
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary Please See LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
Posting Date 12/19/2016 Closing Date Open Continuously Yes Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Part-time, Assistant Professor Position. Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year round for assignments based on college needs.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/2573 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and
agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I
certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and
complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize
investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881
(if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all
persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand
that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on
this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or
attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If
you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor
traffic violation you are required to complete the form 'Arrests
Which Led to Convictions for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose
convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section
1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for
the form -
https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and
attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Letter of Recommendation 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Dentistry Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Other Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento