Instructor - Special Education
Job Title Instructor - Special Education Rank Instructor Classification Title Per Course Position Summary
The School of Education seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s
strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students and who embrace our vision, mission and core values:
Vision to prepare educators, leaders, and counselors as agents of social change who transform the lives of individuals and communities they serve.
Mission to immerse our students in authentic academic and professional settings, providing them with opportunities to bridge theory and practice and to engage in critical reflection that informs action.
Core Values Authentic Learning, Reflective Practice, Diversity, Social Justice, Excellence/Quality, and Transformation.
The School of Education is comprised of five academic departments including Educational Leadership, Teacher Education, Special Education, Curriculum and Instruction, and Counseling. The Department of Teacher Education offers an AA in Early Childhood Multicultural Education, and BA concentrations in the areas of Early Childhood Multicultural Education Age 3 to Grade 3, Early Childhood Multicultural Education Birth to Four, Secondary Education (Minor) and in Special Education/Elementary Education. Applications are invited for an open-rank faculty position with an annual contract starting in August, 2018 with the possibility of being assigned as Department Chair, Teacher Education.
Specific teaching responsibilities will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications, but may focus on the individual’s specialization area(s). The successful candidate may teach day, evening, weekend and online courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
The person selected for this position will teach special education courses (undergraduate/graduate) with strong field experience components, supervise student teachers, advise students, assist with recruitment and retention initiatives, engage in scholarly activity, collaborate with PK-12 and university faculty and provide service to the community.
- Doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D) in Education, closely related area, or equivalent.
- Two or more years of teaching experience teaching at the college/university level in the area Teacher Education or related area.
- Hold a valid K-12 teaching license in NM or in a state with licensure reciprocity.
- Experience with clinical supervision and advisement of teacher candidates.
-Two or more years of K-12 teaching experience.
-Evidence of scholarly activity.
Preference will be given to candidates who have online teaching experience and expertise in adult learning teaching strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Proficiency teaching and communicating with colleagues and students via electronic and digital modalities.
-Proficiency in the integration of technology to support teaching and learning.
-Proficiency in Brightspace or other Learning Management System.
-Proficiency with student advisement/information systems (e.g. Degree Audit and Banner)
Work Location Multi Campus/Center Locations
Posting Number F175P Posting Open Date 03/17/2020 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application must include 1) A letter of application, 2) Curriculum vitae, 3) License/Certificate and, 4) Unofficial copies of advanced degree transcripts. Online application must include names, phone numbers, and e‐mail addresses of three (3) professional references. References will be contacted in conjunction with an on-campus interview and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the on-campus interview. For more detailed information regarding the position you may contact: Dr. Virginia Padilla-Vigil at email@example.com. For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or TDD 505-454-3003. New Mexico Highlands University is an EEO Employer.
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/5695 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Will you have a Ph.D. in hand by the date of appointment or
an advanced ABD by the date of the appointment?
- * Do you have a valid level 2 or above teaching license in New
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your Philosophy for serving students?
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your teaching philosophy?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have experience with student outcomes assessment?
- Do you have experience with CAEP accreditation?
- Do you have experience with Desire2Learn or another learning
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas