Assistant Professor of Spanish in Modern Mexican literature and culture
The Department of Languages, Literatures & Cultures at Colorado State University seeks applications for a Tenure track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor of Spanish in Modern Mexican literature and culture, to begin on August 16, 2018.
- Ph.D. in Hispanic literature/culture, or equivalent, in hand at time of appointment
- Research and dissertation focus in modern Mexican literature and/or culture
- Demonstrated record or evidence of scholarly potential in the area of concentration
- Teaching experience or evidence of strong teaching potential
- Ability to teach a wide range of undergraduate and graduate courses
- Fluent or near-fluency in Spanish and English
- Ability to enhance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion reflecting the Departmental and Institutional values
- Focus on Central American literature and culture, Border Studies, Cinema and/or US/Mexican literature
- Ability to teach different periods of Latin American literature and culture.
- Experience in teaching with technology
- Interest in literary theory and cultural studies
- Interest in engaging in interdisciplinary teaching and research
- Experience teaching Heritage speakers of Spanish is desirable
- Interest in engaged scholarship
For full job description, please visit http://jobs.colostate.edu and search for Spanish.
Applicants should upload their dossier at https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/61732
The dossier should include:
- A letter of interest addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications
- A current curriculum vitae
- Copies of Graduate Transcripts
- A sample publication or writing
- Sample Syllabus or syllabi
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Referees will be contacted for a reference letter upon submission of completed application. All materials should be submitted online; no emailed applications will be accepted.
Applications completed online by 11:59 pm (MT) on November 25, 2018 will receive priority consideration, but the position will remain open until filled.
Application materials of semifinalist candidates, including letters of reference, will be made available for review by the entire faculty of the Department of Languages, Literatures & Cultures. CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer. Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Collins
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Collins
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Collins