The School of Education is searching for committed and qualified
adjunct faculty to serve as dissertation in practice chairs for
students in the Higher Education Leadership doctoral program.
Chairs will be assigned students enrolled online and/or on-campus
and are expected to work with the student throughout the 32 month
program. Chairs can work remotely throughout the year, but Chairs
are required to attend and help facilitate summer residency on
campus for all students for three days in June (typically early
June from mid-afternoon Thursday through mid-afternoon
Dissertation Chairs will work with a designated faculty team while
guiding doctoral students through the dissertation process from
problem identification to final defense.
• EdD or PhD in higher education leadership, administration, or
• Experience with supervision of doctoral level research
• Doctoral level teaching experience
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Doctoral level transcripts are required to complete the
• An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion
of a background screening.
• Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
• Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal
opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age,
disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national
origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran
status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all
aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting,
hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and