About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform routine and non-routine custodial tasks. Assist in the planning and supervision of the housekeeping operation of the College.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and supervision of the housekeeping
- Work with project tasks as directed by supervisor such as
carpet cleaning using variety of methods, scrub/strip and seal/
recoat floors, power wash/sanitize restrooms, buff floors, clean
walls, furniture and windows.
- Operate custodial equipment such as vacuum, extractor, buffer,
scrubber, floor machine, rider/extractor, and sanitizer.
- Act as a working group leader on certain projects, such as
moving and setup of furniture or equipment.
- Assume responsibility for housekeeping shift operations in the
absence of the supervisor.
- Perform inspection of completed work assignments and provide
feedback to the employee and the Housekeeping
- Provide training and retraining to custodians on routine work
assignments and the use of equipment and supplies as
- Report safety, sanitary and fire hazards to appropriate
supervisor and manager; report need for maintenance repairs;
respond to emergency custodial requests as needed.
- Perform snow removal and perform special work assignments or
clean ups as directed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Hiring Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- High School education or an equivalent combination of education
and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be
acquired is required.
- Two to three years of experience in custodial work is
- Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge and ability to use custodial equipment /tools
properly and safely.
- Knowledge of floor care and cleaning processes for a variety of
surfaces is required.
- Knowledge of carpet cleaning methods and techniques such as extraction, bonneting, shampooing, encapsulation is required.
Functional supervision is received from the Housekeeping Supervisor.
Functional supervision is exercised over approximately eleven (11) custodians.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 10:30 pm - 7:00 am
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines