For a full job description and to apply, please visit our
jobsite at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu
General Statement of Duties: Full-time,
tenure-track, assistant professor in Marketing. Teach introductory
and upper-level Marketing studies courses, with an ability to
incorporate technologies and software as appropriate. The
successful candidate should bring teaching experience and a fresh
pedagogical perspective while providing students with a solid
foundation in marketing. Terminal degree in Business or related
fields with teaching experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching work load (24 semester hours of credit of instruction
per school year), and preparation for classroom instruction.
- Teach undergraduate introduction to marketing courses and upper
level course in marketing. Individual selected will also teach
introductory level marketing courses and in the MBA program.
- Provide student assistance including academic advising.
- Participate in curriculum review and development, program
reviews and student outcomes assessment and departmental and
- Attend university functions, including commencement,
convocation, and faculty, committee and department meetings.
- Participate in scheduled orientation and registration
- Engage in continuing scholarship and professional activities,
which may include contribution to the content of the discipline,
participation in or contribution to professional organizations and
societies, public service and contributions to the professional
growth and development of the university community.
- Opportunities to teach summer, winter term, online, and
undergraduate and graduate evening courses.
- Terminal degree in Business (DBA or PhD) completed by June 30,
2019 is required; with a focus on Marketing preferred.
- Teaching experience in related field is required.
- Ability to teach introductory and upper-level in marketing
courses. Ability to teach MBA courses. At all levels must have an
ability to incorporate theoretical knowledge and frameworks in
new/emerging business practices as appropriate.
- The successful candidate should bring an active research agenda
and a fresh pedagogical perspective while providing students with a
solid foundation in marketing.
- Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, demonstrated teaching
experience appropriate to the level of appointment, and evidence of
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check conducted by the
Criminal History Systems Board (CORI) as well as a completed
background check satisfactory to the university.
- Ability to perform all duties with or without reasonable
- Experience serving, and/or research related to diverse,
multi-cultural populations is preferred.